Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Empire Loses A Battle

Lets just say that Ive had a difficult time analysing my state of mind over the last few days.(that is after not being able to analyse my state of mind over the last few years, which after not being able to analyse my state of mind after my birth). Well in anycase my last post had alot of ramblings about how I abhor love. I think I still do and that is the purpose of this post since Im deeply concerned. I have also started dreading a certain female who has read right through my post and dissected its pretensions.(God I thought I would get away with that). So my admission comes and this certain female has defeated the Empire in this battle(this is worse than the aberration caused to the Seldons plan becoz of the Mule).
I certainly didnt mean what I said when I stated the reasons for why people fall in love. Not that Im ashamed for saying that but the sad part is I was found out.
Now is the time for the deep guarded revelation which I frankly realised only today(this I am really honest about). I am not sure but Cupid may have penetrated my defences. When I said that I hate seeing people in love I was honest but it was for a completely differnet reason(this again is only a presumption and I maybe wrong about everything I say out here...Im not sure of anything). I hate seeing them because I dont want it to be me. Im fighting the feeling, and gosh Im losing. The worst part is it feels kindda good to lose. Its almost like I want to lose and the last remnants of my demented cerebullum are holding on to a twig in a waterfall.
Getting drunk is a good option for the time that the alcohol actually fuses with my blood, but then again reality is not a good place to dwell in. You would rather rent a 1 room kitchen in a Mumbai slum.
Thinking is only going to screw me further, but do I have any options. What does a man do when hes awake seven eighths of his life. I could drive away this phase, but its quite nice and who am I to interrupt signals sent by the divine almighty. Somthing also tells me that whtevr Im feeling right now is not true and so I can take heart from it.
Please ignore the two contradictory statements in the same paragraph above. Im just plain psycho. God why am I like this?

6 Comments:

Blogger madshelfer said...

Hey..I always wanted to hold a discussion on the mule with someone.y did he seemed to be so alone? does this come free with emotional manipulating?

10:21 PM  
Blogger Psychohistorian said...

hi tanu,
i partly agree with you. but i think its the other way around. emotional manipulating followed lonliness and not otherwise. see its just natures way of balancing everything. The mule was thought of as a freak in his childhood and ostracized, this led to such lonliness that natures only way to balance it was to give him the power to manipulate. But as you may have noticed in the series, he could never make people love him. All he could do was create fear and make them surrender before him. This again was nature's act for it would have been the cruellest thing in the world to force someone to love you and have them actually believe that they do. Loyalty and fear are perfectly normal and may happen even without the power to emotionally manipulate.
Do refute if you do not agree with me. Its been a long time since someone has understood beyond non-fiction in Asimov and I dont want to squander this oppurtunity.

12:01 AM  
Blogger madshelfer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:03 AM  
Blogger madshelfer said...

U know...i love to refute people but not when they are right and so...i'd like to disappoint u by not refuting to anything that u said :-))

i have never read/will read a line more profound and clearer than the statement below:

"This again was nature's act for it would have been the cruellest thing in the world to force someone to love you and have them actually believe that they do."

But an adaptation to be able to manipulate emotions in order to counter lonliness is hardly a balance since no matter what- u will always be lonely!! The ability to manipulate emotions will exacerbate the "loneliness" problem since u actually "can" make ppl love and hate u and that knowledge itself will make u lonely.
It's like a crime so perfect that the criminal would have to live with the fact that no one will ever see how beautifully and intelligently the crime's done!

and imagine this- what if there are other humans like the mule? a new species can't just have 1 person?There's possibly no way in which a system with more than 1 mule can be stable... it'd be like a chain reaction- one mule manipulating the emotions of the other mule- and vice-versa...humph...seems like a highly unstable equation to me which has more than "can be" handled variables, yet something that can never have a soultion!Logically, it shoudn't be natures choice.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Psychohistorian said...

first things first. see the power to manipulate does offset hi lonliness not by removing it but by providing the mule with an avenue to vent his anger at the causes of his lonliness. the usual cause of most miseries. PEOPLE.
but the other part of your analysis
was simply brilliant. i had never taken care of that aspect of the logistics. i mean i never estimated the possibility of more than 1 mule. i must say that in such cases nature would be playing it completely unfair. the world would spiral to where it came from. TOWARDS CHAOS. but call me a fatalist or whatever its implicit faith in nature that a safe maybe made that such a case would never arise. just like nature creates people...no two of whom are alike although the species are the same. the mule never can be replicated. there would be some loophole which 1 mutant will take advantage of over the other. ultimately the attempt to overpower would cause their destruction.the balance shall be maintained(atleast this is the hope tht i live in). you must remember that the mule himself suffered from a great inferiority complex as well as fear. this is what can defeat all of them. it often does.
there is something that defeats all...Human Strength

9:07 AM  
Blogger Psychohistorian said...

forgot in my last comment....thanx

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home