Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Understanding 'Friends'

There are ver few things in the world that do not puzzle me, but I think about only a few of them. Amongst these puzzling things, what I have never had a clue about are friends. I have never understood what friendship really means. I used to think I know, but I have time and again been proven wrong. Getting overly involved with indivuduals, expecting from them, try and share their problems. Apparently all these do not work everytime. They are moer of excetions rather than rules.
My recent analysis tells me that friends are first people, indivuduals and respond better to singular dynamics(if there is any term like that) rather than dynamics of the group. There is something defensive within everyone(other than me) which keeps them away. People need space and get irritated with any kind of intrusion. But my only question is why do I then seem to be the freak in all this. Why is it that I get attached to people beyond a point of no return. I find no answers to this. Friends who go away from me never seem to come back. However hard I try (or they try) its never the same magic again. The process of getting alienated becomes so deep that you start forgettin the appearance of your reflection in the mirror. Ultimately this is an attempt to befriend the only entity which will always be with you. But sometimes even your reflection behaves like a stranger and during these depths of insanity you have absolutely none to turn to.
My belief is that probably friendship has its boundaries which I don't know of as yet. This again leads me to a question. How did Adam and Eve find the final frontier of this friendship. Was it only after they got tired of procreating. But that couldnt be(atleast I hope so) because friendship has to go beyond those few moments of happiness. Makes me think how lucky Tom n Jerry are to be immortalized in our thoughts to be enemies for life(atleast that could be an immutable relationship).
I have never in my life been the second person to lift the phone. My voice has always reached the other end first. But is it right. Should I push myself so much that it becomes disgustingly excessive. How can such habbits be changed where all I have to express is my grattitude to people who are simply great. So I once again leave it at that. It doesnt bother me that there are boundaries. I am not gonna make any conscious attempt to find them, because it would be subduing something in me that could be fatal.

3 Comments:

Blogger madshelfer said...

I wish you could listen to urself when u talk to others about such problems...u will find almost all the answers. :-)) :-))

1:11 PM  
Blogger madshelfer said...

by the way...do i call u hari seldon..or psychohistorian...or is there something else to ur name?:-)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Psychohistorian said...

Hi Tanu,
You could call me psycho.....tht would be quite appropriate..but the truth of the matter is that I'm Vinay...email id bhatvinay@gmail.com,bhatvink@hotmail.com.....
thts abt all abt me...the rest is wht u read.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home